SOCIAL MEDIA

September 17, 2013

PP163 & The Kraft Journal - Song/Book

Hello Everyone,

I want to share a card for two challenges, the first being The Paper Players.  It's all about creating a CAS project "For the Kids"


The other challenge is The Kraft Journal. We were asked to use a song/book theme to create a project.  I chose the classic book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle.  I remember reading it to my girls when they were little.
My Card:

I started out with Crumb Cake as the case base, followed with layers of Real Red and Whisper White.  The caterpillar was quick and easy to create.  I cut out 8 green circles using the 3/4 circle punch, and 1 red circle using the 1 inch punch.  Using the Create a Critter Cricut Cartridge, I made the caterpillar's antennas.  The Crop-A-Dile came in handy to punch out the small white circles for the eyes.  Using a thin green maker, I hand drew the dots for the eyes, nose and the smile.  The ruffled layers on the bottom were created with the MFT Simply Scallop Die.  First, I adhered the red layer, then decided to add some yellow color as well.  Under the caterpillar, I adhered a strip of patterned paper from SU! Print Poetry DSP.  I divided the top and bottom with 1/8 Real Red Taffeta Ribbon.  I stamped the sentiment from IBS Wishes Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I added a few green rhinestones to finish off the card.

I'm also linking at Word Art Wednesday Challenge #97 - Anything Goes.


Thanks for stopping by,





3 comments :

  1. Oh, Martha! This is absolutely adorable! I love the red and yellow together. This is so bright and cheery! Any child would love to receive it! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love how you created the inchworm out of circles. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so super adorable!!! LOVE that caterpillar!
    Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at The Kraft Journal!
    We have a new challenge that starts tomorrow...hope to see you play along!
    Jessica
    TKJ~DT

    ReplyDelete