SOCIAL MEDIA

September 27, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #54

Hello my friends,

It's time for another card challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches!  I loved all the team members cards, but the one that caught my eye was Jen's sympathy card.  The beautiful butterflies and the perfect paper combo... so pretty.  It inspired me to create one of my own!




My card:








The card base is SU Whisper White, and a color I've never used and I think I will more often, is SU Bashful Blue.  It's a very pretty, soft blue, and it was the perfect color to match with black.  I love the contrast!  I embossed it with the Square Lattice Folder.  The middle paper is from my stash  Using the Classic Circles Spellbinders, I cut 3 circles and layered them on top of each other.  On the Bashful Blue paper, I stamped the flower, from the Love & Sympathy stamp set in Bashful Blue ink, and the sentiment is from Thoughts & Prayers stamp set, stamped in Black ink.  I added one tiny little pearl on the butterfly and 2 rhinestones on each corner, and there you have it.   

Thanks so much for stopping by!







3 comments :

  1. What a lovely card Martha! I do enjoy the colours you've chosen! I love the added butterfly and of course the bling! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love Bashful Blue! It is so soft and soothing and perfect from anything from Baby boy cards to sympathy cards! Love your card and the texture you have added. The butterfly is perfect!

    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha, I love the colors you have picked. They are so soft and bring an honest sympathy and empathy along with the flower, the butterfly and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete