SOCIAL MEDIA

July 25, 2014

FMS146....Fall in July

Hi Everyone,

Today's card was made using the Wonderfall stamp set from SU!, as well as the woodgrain embossing folder.  The leaf was stamped in Dusty Durango ink, and the acorn was stamped in Chocolate Chip ink.  The card base color is Crumb Cake, and the layer is Island Indigo.  The strips were die-cut with the Die-Namics Fishtail Flag STAX.  To finish off the details, I wrapped some linen thread around the acorn.  I know that we are in the middle of summer, but I was in the mood to make a "Fall" card.  Crazy, right!

My card layout is this week's Freshly Made Sketches:

 
 
Thanks for stopping by,

 




5 comments :

  1. I love this card! I can't wait until fall is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's never too early for fall cards! My favorite time of year. This card is so pretty. I love how you used the sketch, and the colors are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please tell me how you got the white border around the big leaf and acorn. When I use my big shot, there is no white around the leaves. Please help ! Thanks, Diane Crosby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,

      I used the SU! Autumn Accents Bigz to die cut the leaf. I believe they are both retired. You can check out the die in the 2013-2014 SU! catalog, page 192. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Hi again ! This is driving me crazy.....I have the Autumn Accents die cut as well as the stamp set. However if you look at your card[and other stamper's cards] there is a white border around the leaf and acorn. Did you scissor cut them? When I used my die, I got no white border. That is my problem. Diane

      Delete