SOCIAL MEDIA

September 21, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #53

Hello my friends,

We are at the end of summer here in the U.S., so I wanted to make one last card using bright, happy colors for this week's Freshly made Sketches #53





My card:



The base of the card is SU Pacific Point cardstock.  I'm not sure if you can see it, but I added another piece of the same color and embossed it with the square lattice folder.  I took a piece of scratch paper and cut the 7 strips and played with them until I got the right measurement.  I used the Beyond the Garden DSP (retired) from SU for the floral strips and the solid yellows are from my stash.  Once that was done, the card came together fairly quickly.  I took out one of my favorite SU floral stamp sets, Fabulous Florets.  I stamped the 3 flowers using SU Tangerine Tango and added some leaves from SU Vintage Vogue stamp set.  I used the  Classic Circle Spellbinders to cut the image, and added a pearl to each flower using the Pearl Pen (love this pen!).  And there you have it!

Thanks so much for stopping by,






6 comments :

  1. Martha, I love these flowers and bright colors. Nice ending for a long hot summer! Hopefully it will cool down soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flowers....and I soo need to get out my unused pearl pens! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card, Martha! The colors are so pretty and cheerful, and the flowers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Martha! Beautiful card! I love those flowers! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sketch is neat...makes you take a second look. What grabs me first is the trio of gorgeous orange flowers, and then the interesting strips of paper behind them. Beautiful, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fresh feel to this card! I adore the stamped background! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete