SOCIAL MEDIA

December 2, 2013

CCMC279 & PP174

Hi Everyone,

I decided to take a break from making Christmas cards and create something different.  I found the layout for my card over at Create with Connie and Mary Challenge.  Love the layers on this sketch, so I'll be using this one again.  I'm also incorporating the Evergreen Theme from The Paper Players Challenge.

CCMC279



















My card:




For my card, I chose one of my favorite stamp sets, Lovely as a Tree.  I began with Whisper White, followed with layers of Chocolate Chip and Baja Breeze card stock.  The patterned papers are from a retired DSP from SU! called Parisian Breeze - another favorite.  I took a piece of Whisper White and lightly sponged the background with Baja Breeze on top and Chocolate Chip on the bottom.  I then stamped the trees with more Chocolate Chip ink.  I wanted to create a winter-like effect.  The sentiment is from SU! Wetlands, and was stamped with Early Espresso ink.

I am also linking up to Seize the Birthday.

Thanks for taking a peek,

9 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful and serene card! Love these colors! The sponging gives such a pretty effect! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card - it is so peaceful and the colors are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty Martha! I love the pretty scene you created...so peaceful and beautiful! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card...love the landscape you have created! Great colors too! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is amazing how classic Lovely as a Tree stamp set still is...it makes such beautiful scenes! Love how you just incorporated a portion of the image. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I always loved these papers....and of course, Lovely as a Tree will always be a favorite! Thanks for participating in my Evergreen challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Lovely as a Tree is one set I have never owned. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card and I love the pop of neutral colors. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card! Great color selection and layout! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete